Question of the week: How can different cultures contribute to the foods we eat?
Comprehension Skill: Draw conclusions
Comprehension Strategy: Summarize
Click on the presentation on the right and follow along with the day's lesson.
bakery: a place where bread and cake are made and sold
batch: a group of things made at the same time
boils: to heat a liquid until it starts to bubble and give off steam
braided: three or four strands woven together
dough: flour and liquid mixed together to make bread, biscuits, and pastry
ingredients: items that something is made from
mixture: the combination of things mixed or blended together
1. nutrition – food or nourishment
2. calorie – a unit that measure the amount of energy a food contains
3. flavor – the way a food or drink tastes
4. spice – a substance used to flavor food
5. nutmeg – a spice used in cooking
6. grumble – complain or protest about something in a bad-tempered but typically muted way
7. allergic – to have an unpleasant reaction to something
8. wholesome – being of good health and physical well-being
9. grate – to break into small pieces by rubbing it against a rough surface
10. agent – something that produces an effect by its action
Writing: In your journal or on notebook paper, choose one activity to complete for each day this week.